Friday 25 January 2013

The Joys of being Pregnant

There are plenty joys in life, but I can say from experience that there is none more rewarding, none more amazing, none more captivating and none more emotional than that of the pregnancy road.

The beauty of it all is that you don't go through that journey alone. You have that special person with you through it all. Every special movement every kick and every emotion is worth it with that little one inside of you. When you have that special someone with you and going through this experience with you brings you two closer. Your bond grows and stays strong through everything. You look at him with this love that was there but I can promise you that it was nothing like it is now. You look at him with an intensity filled with love that can never change. And one thing about loving someone like that is that you will be able to go through anything and be able to talk openly. Be able to express what is on your mind and in a way not stress about what he thinks, if he does not like what you said you can blame the hormones that are out of wack but if he does then you both grow... but if you two love each other full heartedly you wont need to turn around and say its the hormones. He will know what you mean and will not judge you on it.

The emotions are not the only beauty of being pregnant. The connection you create with your man is only the beginning. You as a person feel different. You start talking to your tummy and with yourself have a full conversation. Just so your little bundle can recognise your voice once you bring them into this world. You sing more, you feel up lifted and happy more than anything. Well thats how I was. With each and every day that passed and you can feel that little one growing inside of you, I was over the moon. I was happy every day. I had a sparkle in my eye, I had not negative look at my future. I had the man of my Dreams, He loved me more than I could ever ask for, our relationship could not be any stronger than it was... but then we find out the two of us have created life all through the love we share for one another. There was no way i could turn around and say my future had a negative aspect within it. I was over the moon 24/7!!

Any woman who reads this and is pregnant, or had been through that beautiful stage of her life will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Who will ever forget the first time their child kicked in their tummy. The first movement. The first kick into the rib cage. The endless rushing to the bathroom for nothing but a dripple.. those couple of drops that just annoyed you beyond comprehension. I never will.
I can still recall the very first day my little Annabelle kicked. I was at work and in a conversation with my college suddenly *doof*. I got such a Fright. I stopped in mid sentence grabbed my tummy. Carmen smiled and said was that the first kick. Will never forget that feeling. Will never be able to.

And from then on if Annabelle would lie still for 5 minutes it would be a long time. She was so busy, and lucky for me. I don't know if I had a still quiet baby, I would be full of worries if they are ok, If something was wrong. But she kept moving and kept letting me know she was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment